Frequently Asked Questions
As your Representative in Congress, I am here to help you interact with the Federal Government. If you are having trouble with an agency, preparing to travel to DC, or simply have a question about how government works, please do not hesitate to call or email my office. My staff and I will be happy to provide assistance. Below are some commonly asked questions that we can help with as well as useful contact information:


  1. Q: Where can I find information on Social Security?

Answer: Each year, we help hundreds of residents who are having problems with their Social Security benefits. If you have had trouble dealing with the Social Security Administration (SSA), feel free to contact my office and we may be able to help you.

To apply for benefits, contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213.

Website: www.socialsecurity.gov

Phone Number: 1-800-772-1213


  1. Q: How can I obtain forms from the IRS?

Answer: If you have an ongoing issue or dispute with the Internal Revenue Service that has not been resolved through the normal channels, or if you have suffered, or may suffer a significant hardship as a result of the application of current tax laws, you can contact my office or the Taxpayer Advocate Service for additional assistance.

Website: https://www.irs.gov/

Phone Number: 1-855-307-3893


3.  Q: Where can I find information on Veterans Affairs (VA)? 

Answer: The Department of Veterans Affairs is the agency that deals with veterans’ benefits. These include life insurance, service-connected and non-service connected disability, health care benefits, and burial in a veterans’ cemetery. Health care benefits include insurance, hospital, nursing home and at-home assisted care. Feel free to contact my office for help with any specific inquiries.

Website: Visit the www.va.gov for more information.

Phone Number: 1-800-827-1000 or 1-877-294-6380

  1. Q: Where can I find information on The Affordable Care Act?

Answer: If you have tried to resolve a problem with Open Enrollment and have run into problems, we may be able to help you. Please fill out a privacy release form and send it with the explanation of the problem you are having to my office. For information regarding Medicare, please visit www.cms.gov. For information on Medicaid visit the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.

Website: https://www.healthcare.gov/

Phone Number: 1-800-318-2596


  1. Q: I need a passport or a visa. What should I do?

Answer: Passports and visas are obtained through the U.S. Department of State. You can apply for a new passport, renew your old one, replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport or add new pages to your existing book through your local passport acceptance agent, usually at the Post Office.

Website: www.travel.state.gov

Phone Number: 1-877-487-2778


  1. Q: Where can I get immigration forms?

Answer: Most immigration issues are addressed by United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), a branch of the Department of Homeland Security. However, the Department of State is responsible for issuing visas to enter the country.

Website: www.uscis.gov

Phone Number: 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the deaf or hard of hearing)


  1. Q: Where can I get information on White House and (or) Capitol Tours?

Answer: I hope you are excited about your upcoming trip to Washington, DC! In order to make your visit to Washington, DC a wonderful one, contact my office and I can request tours with several attractions across the Washington area including the White House and the United States Capitol Building (with House of Representatives Gallery passes). If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call my office.


To Request a Tour: Click here

For More Information: www.Whitehouse.gov and www.VisitTheCapitol.gov

Phone Number: 202-225-6636