2017 CAC’s Grand Prize Winner, “NOLA Domino” by Cooper Monzon, Thomas Jefferson High School
Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Congressional Art Competition is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our Congressional District.
The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students in the 2nd District. The winning artwork of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will include the winning artwork from all participating districts from around the country.
The following is a summary of the Congressional Art Competition rules:
Artwork entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches, up to 4 inches in depth, and not weigh more than 15 pounds, including frame. If your artwork is selected as the winning piece, it must arrive framed and must still measure no larger than the above maximum dimensions.
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages - must be two dimensional
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media - use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
All entries must be original in concept, design and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing photo or image (including a painting, graphic, or advertisement) that was created by someone other than the student is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted. Work entered must be in the original medium (that is, not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
The entry submission deadline for all artwork is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5pm. See “2018 Directions for Delivery” document for details. This year’s Award’s Ceremony and Exhibit will take place on Friday, May 11, 2018 from 6pm – 7:30pm. Event’s location: TBD
The complete 2018 rules, checklist, release form and directions for delivery forms for the competition can be found below:
- 2018 Rules And Regulations
- 2018 Guide to Copyright and Plagiarism
- 2018 Student Art Competition Release Form
- 2018 Directions for Delivery and Labels
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact my staff member, Jessica Simeon at (504) 288-3777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.